My name is Heather Karellas, and I’m a freelance writer, editor, and fundraiser. I help organizations gain clients and donors by writing strong, SEO-friendly content; by editing materials for flow and grammar; and by crafting fundraising appeals that tell your nonprofit’s story and entice donors to give generously.
- 7 years of full-time fundraising/writing experience
- 3 years of freelance writing/editing experience (100+ projects)
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a focus in Organization + Management from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School (double major in History). At the time of my graduation, Goizueta was ranked the #3 undergraduate business program in the country.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE)
- Georgia Center for Nonprofits “30 Under 30” Recipient (inaugural class)
- Arts Leaders of Metro Atlanta Participant
Current + Past Clients
- Georgia-Pacific Professional
- Home ReBuilders
- NorSouth Management Services
- Georgia Primary Bank
- Accella Performance Materials
- Atlanta Loop
- …and more!
- Running (I completed my first marathon in March 2017 and am working toward another in 2019!)
- Volunteering with LifeLine Animal Project
- Spending time with my “beer nerd” husband, Justin
Contact me to learn more!